Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Under Construction...

Hi everyone,

As I've mentioned previously, when I uploaded my book to the Nook and Kindle I had some problems with formatting, such as indentations disappearing and blank pages appearing.  I tried to fix issues the best I could using Sigil, but even that was confusing to me and didn't fix everything.  I put it up for sale on both e-readers anyway, figuring it wasn't completely un-readable and I felt that the price was cheap enough to make up for the little issues. 

However, I was recently advised to try out Smashwords.  I downloaded their free e-book on how to format your book and began to try to sort it all out last night.  After about 20 minutes I had had enough!  Even though the book seemed pretty clear, I was still confused.  I have Word 2010 which I think only makes matters worse.  So...I decided to contact someone through Smashwords who would be able to reformat it for me properly.  I figure it is the only way it's going to get done and look its best.  That being said, once it is correctly reformatted, I am planning on pulling the old versions for sale and listing them with the "good" copy, which will be better for all of us.  :)  Hopefully the corrected version will be up for sale soon!  I'll let you all know. 

I had another reader suggest I ask for reviews from you all, which I think is a great idea.  So if any of you have a blog and do reviews, let me know in the comment section.  I would love to get some reviews going and/or some publicity!  It's hard to promote your book, so any help I can get I would really appreciate! 

Or if any of you happened to read my book already, or even just the excerpts posted on this blog, I would love to hear what you think in the comments section!  I'll probably be posting a new excerpt today at some point, so check back! 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment