Thursday, August 25, 2011

Frustrated!

Who knew that self-publishing a book could be such a pain?!  Honestly, if I'd known, I don't know if I would have attempted this...so maybe it's better I didn't know...

As I've mentioned before, my book's formatting has issues.  But I found someone to fix it.  Even having someone fix it has not been as easy as I had hoped though.  I thought I could just email him the copy, he'd fix it, mail it back, and voila! good to go!  Sadly that has not been the case...

My first two attempts to email the book were met with a message that the file was corrupted and wouldn't open!  My third attempt was successful...sigh of relief.  So tonight I get an email from my fix-it friend that it is all fixed...Yay!  Go to open it and what do I get but a message that the file is corrupted and won't open.  At this point I am ready to bang my head repeatedly into the wall, or pull my hair out strand by strand, or both...

I want so badly to just have my book be in perfect condition and just worry about promoting it, but it seems it is never ending issues right now.  So in the meantime, I'll be hitting up the wine bottle and hoping and waiting for a response from the person that fixed it...hoping that a.) he writes back and b.) he knows what to do, cuz I certainly don't! 

If it is ever cleaned up and good to go I will be soo happy!  Cross your fingers I put that update up on my blog...SOON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment