Sunday, September 11, 2011

Update on Sequel

I'm about 1/3 of the way through with the sequel to Enchanted!  Yay!  I'm moving along much quicker on this book but this time around I have imposed a word count that I must reach each day....2000 words.  So far I've made it or surpassed it each day.  With Enchanted I would write very sporadically and with no word count.  Sometimes I wrote every day for a stretch and sometimes there would be lots of days where I wrote nothing.  It took me over a year to finish the book.  I am a procrastinator at heart, but I've got my mind set on finishing and releasing the sequel quickly.  I'd like to have it out by Halloween or before.  It would be a good read for that time of year! 

So I thought I'd do something different and put up some teaser quotes from the sequel!  I think this book is a litte bit darker and more twisted than Enchanted, but you can make your own judgements.  It has darkness:

"They took her beloved cat, Winkle, when Maura was out one day.  They tied him up on a little bitty alter and lit candles all around him.  They called out in the name of all that was unholy, and just as they had the butcher knife poised over Winkles’ trembling body, Maura came home."

INTERESTING SETTING:

"She could hear nothing but the water roaring below, but tonight it just seemed too isolating.  The night seemed to be the darkest she’d ever seen and the autumn breeze insisted on running its icy fingers through her hair, chilling her to the bone." 

ROMANCE (TROUBLE IN PARADISE?):

“Well, you’re right and you’re wrong, Mandy,” Steve said smoothly.  “I think you’re right, I was cursed…to ever have been so stupid to go out with the likes of you!  But you’re wrong…I don’t have to come with you…and your time's up, so why don’t you go look for a different guy to hang on for a change because I’m done with you,” Steve finished unflinchingly and took a step backwards, glaring at Mandy."
HUMOR:
"Mandy almost had a heart attack as she watched Tessa pinch freaky kid’s ass and then pull his pants down.  “Dude!” the kid exclaimed, grabbing his pants quickly from around his ankles.  “What is with you?”  He hurriedly ran out of the aisle as Mandy squatted there, blushing redder than ever."

AND A NEW CHARACTER...INTRODUCING TESSA!:

"A tall, thin girl in skinny jeans, stilettos, and a leather jacket with jet black hair stood directly to Mandy’s left.  Her profile showed a cute little flipped up nose and long lashes framing an eye made up in smoky shades.  Her crimson stained mouth was puckered up in a scowl as she intently looked at the girl with Steve who was busy intently staring back.  Mandy’s mouth dropped open in shocked horror as her eyes were suddenly drawn to the feathery black wing jutting out of the girl's back.  It flapped ever so slightly, in a slow, lazy fashion, reminding Mandy of a fan."


Ok, so that's all I can give you for now...  I hope you all enjoyed your sneak peek/teaser!  And if you haven't entered my contest, please think about doing so!  I've got an awesome story going that you could be part of!  Don't forget, you need to leave a comment letting me know you want to be entered!!  And I'd appreciate anybody passing the word on about the contest & my book!  Extra entries for posting about them on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment