Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Something New

Hey everyone,

It's been a bit since I've written anything of interest.  I'll admit I've been a little bit more than consumed by my book...trying to promote it by finding people to review it.  As a lot of the blogs I have contacted have their hands full of books, I'm in a kind of line...end of the line that is, waiting for them to get to my book.  I don't mind the wait, but the anticipation is killing me!  I have had one blog complete a review and they gave it 4 out of 5 stars, which I am happy with.  So I was excited, and then I had a a dose of reality set in...another blog sent me an email saying they didn't feel comfortable reviewing my book because they didn't like my writing style.  Now that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I realize every book is not for every person.  And while I am glad that they were considerate enough to be honest with me and not post negative reviews here, there, and everywhere, it did scare me a bit.  Now I've got thoughts of "what if everyone feels that way about my book" running through my brain...

So then I decided I really like my story, but whether or not other people like it is really out of my control.  And I won't know how people feel about it until they read it and I get more feedback.  The major problem here is finding people to give me the feedback.  My book needs an audience!  While I have sold a few, I would love to sell more and have more people read it.  I know, that's every author's dream...

So I decided I needed to do more than just approach book review blogs and sit here waiting and hoping for good reviews.  I downloaded HP Mallory's ebook today about how she sold 20,000 copies of her books and she had a lot of good information in there, which I intend to put into use myself.  The one idea that really caught my attention, that I thought maybe I could get on right away, is the idea of having contests.  I really like that idea.  She has some really creative contests that she has done and I would love to do my own version of one.  So my mind has been on overdrive, trying to come up with exactly how I want to approach this...

So check back in the near future (hopefully tomorrow!) I'll be posting a contest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment