Friday, October 21, 2011

15th Day of Twisted: Scary Movies

It's the 15th Day of Twisted, and I have to admit that I must be asleep at the controls because I can't find today's featured author's post!  I made a calendar with people's names on each date that they volunteered to post on, and I have my author's first name written down, but I can't find her post anywhere in my email or anywhere else.  So, my fault and I apologize. 

So since I don't know how to contact this first name only mysterious author, I decided to talk about scary movies.  It is almost Halloween after all.  I saw an article on MSN.com the other day about the 50 scariest movies of all time.  After flipping through the slide show, I had to admit I just didn't agree with them.  I mean, they had some stuff on there that I had just thought was funny, like the Exorcist.  Don't get me wrong, that is fun to watch, but I don't really find it scary.  Weird, yes.  Creepy, kinda.  Scary, no. 

Scary movies seem to go a few ways for me: terrifying, amusing, or let down.   Could also be a combination of these labels.  For example, I found Thirteen Ghosts terrifying.  I would not watch that again if you paid me.  I hated that guy with his head in the box.  I already said I found the Exorcist amusing.  I just watched Paranormal Activity and I found that to be a combination of all three labels.  It was creepy, not terrifying.  I laughed at the part where she got dragged out of her bed and down the hall.  And I hated how the movie ended, total let down. 

So what are your thoughts?  Scariest movie of all time?  Supposedly scary movie that you found to be more of a comedy or stupid?  Comment away!

1 comment:

  1. I think horrors go overboard in gore when sometimes the slow buildup of suspense is far more entertaining. The exorcist III creeped me out, An American Werewolf in London is Awesome, I'm a big fan of "Rosemary's Baby" for the quiet moments of creepiness, Damien: the Omen II (omg!), The Entity - why ghosts are not your friend....

    I'm a huge fan of horror and fantasy and just about every kind of new and classic film. I'm open minded to all genre's of horror including classics like "The Tingler" (Scream for your lives!)

    ReplyDelete